Sunday, November 8, 2015

Big Sister Gift Idea


Our Little Man was born on September 13 and Cupcake adores him. It is so sweet to see her kiss him and fawn over him. 


I wanted Cupcake to feel special and loved when she came to visit us in the hospital, so I made her a Big Sister bag of goodies.

For the bag itself, I simply ironed on the letters (found at Hobby Lobby) and made the bows and glues them on.


Inside, I put some treats to snack on at the hospital and some other fun gifts. I found this baby brother doll at Target. Cupcake loves these little Circo dolls and they only cost $3.50!

Their clothes are removable, so I made some little diapers for the baby out of patterned felt.


I found a great free pattern for these size diapers at Doll Diaries and glued little Velcros on to fasten the diapers.


I also gave Cupcake one of her old burp cloths to use as a swaddling blanket.


She loved it! She plays with this doll over her bigger dolls and she loves to mimic Mama.

(Here she is swaddling him in her brother's hospital bed.)

(Here she is feeding him on my nursing pillow. Bless.)

I also made her a book about the day she was born. I got this idea from Stacey at Life As You Live It, who sells templates for a similar book if you don't have time to design your own.


In children's book format, I told Cupcake the story of when she was born, complete with photos.



This is a great idea (Thanks, Stacey!) because she already loves to look at photos of herself as a baby and because it helped her understand what was going on at the hospital.

 The Big Sis gift was a hit!


Linking To:

 MONDAYS
TUESDAYS

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS
Inspiration 2 with Live Laugh Rowe and My Fabuless Life

FRIDAYS


That DIY Party with DIY Show Off

MONTHLY
One Project At a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails