Monday, August 17, 2015

Glitter Wood Slice Ornaments {Countdown to Christmas!}

It's only August, I know! BUT, I have a lot of Christmas crafts I want to share on my blog and I'm not sure how much blogging I will be doing in December. Baby # 2 is due September 18, so I will not be able to blog as much. So, each month I will include just ONE Christmas post...until Novemberish of course. :-)


I made this craft last year in Mops (Mothers of Preschoolers), so it was not my idea and it WAS a good group craft. The lady who planned the craft does not have a blog, so I searched on Pinterest to see if I needed to credit anyone with the original idea and the closest I could find were these wood slice ornaments from Craftaholics Anonymous. Though mine are different, they are a similar idea, so I want to make sure to give her credit!!



As I said, this was a great group craft and easy to do if you have the right tools. We got a bunch of wood slice ornaments at Michael's. Last year, I remember seeing them everywhere-already cut and drilled. I know Hobby Lobby sells birch coasters year-round and you can drill a hole in them or check Etsy for pre-cut and drilled wood slices.

The woman who planned the craft also has a Cricket cutting machine, so she cut all the words and shapes out with it. If you do not have a cutting machine, you can find cute scrapbook embellishments to use instead.

I used glitter Mod Podge to paint over the surface because I wanted mine to be glittery. So, pretty much all you do is glue the words and pictures on the wood slice and coat it with glitter Mod Podge.

I put a word on one side of each ornament and a picture on the other. 





 Linking To:

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore
Inspiration 2 with Live Laugh Rowe and My Fabuless Life

FRIDAYS
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails