Sunday, June 7, 2015

DIY Preschool Calendar Board



We started Pre-school at home a bit early this year because we plan on taking a few months off when the baby comes in September. I decided to introduce calendar concepts to Cupcake this year and make my own calendar board, inspired by the one from Counting Coconuts.

I wanted to make it magnetic so that I can easily change it as Cupcake grows and also make it easy for her to play with.


I bought a $10 17"x23" dry-erase magnetic board from Walmart for the base.

For the calendar portion, I plan to simply print out each month a calendar with large numbers and attach it some washi tape magnets I made. 



We mark the date with the flower magnet-the magnet actually came with the board and I punched out a circle of scrapbook paper and glued it on top. The cupcakes mark loved one's birthdays (yes, we have a lot in May!) I made those by attaching the Martha Stewart cupcake embellishments to a wood circle and a magnet. 

I made the monthly title magnetic strips with free digital scrapbook embellishments and printed them on magnet sheets. The rest are on my refrigerator.


I would love to share these with you, but most free digital scrapbook elements are for personal use only and I do not have the licensing to share things that I make with them, even for free. It is super easy to do in a program like Publisher or Photoshop.

I made magnetic tiles to mark special holidays with small wood tiles and circles and stickers. I used what I had on-hand because I didn't want to spend a lot of money.


For the weather spot, I used free printables from Rowdy in Room 300 and printed them on magnet sheets.


I loved Counting Coconuts' idea of marking the day with spoons and envelopes, so I did it too! I got these cute envelopes at Hobby Lobby.


Turns out, Cupcake loves it too. This is her favorite part!


Linking To

MONDAYS

TUESDAYS

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with
 The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS
Inspiration Gallery with  
Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

FRIDAYS

 Preschool & Kindergarten Community with Homeschool Creations

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

That DIY Party with DIY Show Off
 The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails