Sunday, May 24, 2015

Vintage-Looking Paper Pinwheels


I made these pinwheels last year for my summer "mantle." I wanted them to look vintage, so I used vintage looking cardstock and wood buttons.

You can make these very easily, using double-sided cardstock or paper OR by gluing two sheets of paper back to back. Just note, if you glue a button on like I did, they will not actually spin. They are for decoration only!

Here's how to make them:


1-Cut your paper to a square, any size you want the pinwheel to be. I did three sizes for a variety in my boquet: 6x6, 5x5 and 4x4. Measure and draw lines from the corner to the center-leave enough space in the center to hold your pinwheel together. Cut on the lines.

2- Fold alternating corners up to the middle.

3- Secure the folded up corners in the middle with a brad. I found it helpful to poke holes with a needle or pin first, so that the brad could easily slip through.

4-Glue a button in the middle and a stick onto the back of the pinwheel (I just used BBQ skewers).


And that's it! They are super inexpensive, fun, and cute!


Delightfully Creating,

>
Linking To:

MONDAYS


TUESDAYS

Show and Tell with  
Flamingo Toes, Sugar Bee Crafts, A Pumpkin and a Princess, and Snap!  
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios




 WEDNESDAYS

Work It Wednesday with
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with
Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore




That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Your pinwheels are just darling, and the buttons are such a cute addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I love the look of pinwheels. Maybe red, white and blue for the 4th of July! I am visiting from The Party Bunch today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! I actually did make some patriotic ones!

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! Love the addition on the buttons- I love everything with buttons! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails