Thursday, May 28, 2015

Summer Bookshelf


There is a bookshelf in my living room which I decorate for seasons and holidays. Even if nothing else gets decorated, I make sure I decorate the shelf! It's my "happy spot."

My family usually goes away for the summer, on assignment (my husband and I are on staff with a college ministry), so for a few years the Spring decorations stayed up until September..I admit it. It bugged me. Last year, I began to remedy that and started making some Summer decor!

So, here is my bookshelf for this Summer:


For the frame, I made a pinwheel bookpage banner, which I will post more about on Monday.

I posted about my vintage-looking paper pinwheels earlier this week. I made a pinwheel bouquet and but them in my rustic milk can.


I made the two smaller pieces of art, which I posted about earlier. The 8x10 "Love the Journey" print came free from The 36th Avenue.



For the movement, I placed fake daisies in a blue mason jar and set it on my distressed red stool I bought from Hobby Lobby.  Next to it is my firefly jar that my mom gave me when I was in high school. I think it actually came from Boyd's Bears and the fireflies light up!


This is definitely Cupcake's favorite part!

I also have my mini vintage mason jar and mini bicycle on the shelf.



Linking To:

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS
Show and Tell with  
Flamingo Toes, Sugar Bee Crafts, A Pumpkin and a Princess, and Snap!  
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with  
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with
Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

FRIDAYS
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails