Sunday, March 1, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Wreath Art



Do you decorate for St. Patrick's Day or do you skip right to Easter? It depends for me. If Easter falls in March, then I just skip to Easter. But, this year, Easter is the first week of April, so I went back and forth and decided what the heck? 

I have not decorated for St. Patrick's Day in a couple of years, so it was time to make some new stuff!
I made this wreath art with materials I already had on-hand.


It's pretty self-explanatory, but here is how I made the paper shamrocks:
All you need is
  • green paper scraps (this is why I keep every little piece of scrap in a box!)
  • heart punch
  • glue
  • floral wire
(I apologize for the bad lighting in my dining room ahead of time. :-))
First, punch 6 hearts to make one shamrock. Glue three of the hearts together by the bottoms, forming a shamrock.


Next, loosely fold the other three hearts at the center.


Then, glue each folded heart on top of the shamrock by the folded edge.


Finally, glue the floral wire to the back. I chose floral wire for the stem so that I could bend the shamrocks the way I wanted them to fall on the wreath.


And that's it-super simple and cute.



Delightfully Creating,

Linking To

MONDAYS


TUESDAYS





 WEDNESDAYS

Work It Wednesday with
 The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore



That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I love your pretty wreath and how you styled it with the frame and sheet music. Very clever idea on how to make the paper shamrocks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails