Sunday, January 4, 2015

Handmade Book Jewelry


I recently made these cuties for my bibliophile sister for Christmas. I saw this idea on Scene of Sublime. They are super easy to make, light-weight, and perfect for the readers in your life!

Materials & Tools 
  • Dollhouse books, like these from Hobby Lobby:
  • Super Glue or strong adhesive (I used E6000)
  • Small Awl
  • Eye Pins (I used 2" but had to cut them)
  • Pliers
  • Jump Rings (optional)
  • Earring Hooks
  • Chain and clasp
How To
 With an awl, poke a hole through the center of the first book. I recommend putting something underneath it to prevent puncturing your table- a small piece of cardboard works well.


Carefully stick an eye pin through the book-be careful to not bend it too much.


Use the awl to poke a hole through the next book, but before you stick the eye pin through it, put a small amount of adhesive in the center of the first book.


  After you have the next book on the pin, press the books together and wipe away any excess adhesive.


Repeat for the next four books and allow a few minutes for the adhesive to dry.


Next, cut down your eye pin, leaving enough to make a loop using jewelry cutters (usually is a part of jewelry pliers).  Using pliers, bend the eye pin into a loop. Curved nose pliers are best for making loops.


Last, you connect the earring hooks or chain. You can use jump rings to create a little length, if you want. I didn't use jump rings with the earrings because it made them twist too much.





And that's it!

Delightfully Creating,
 Linking To

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with
 The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I couldn't find the doll house books so I am going to try to make the tiny things. Wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this, this is the best thing ever. i loooove reading, and i would totally wear these. hope your sister liked them!
    b

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails