Friday, December 5, 2014

Ladder and Bucket Advent Calendar


I have wanted to make this Advent calendar for about three years now and FINALLY accomplished it before Advent started this year! I am so excited!

A lot of bloggers have made such an Advent calendar, but since I originally fell in love with the one Brown Eyed Fox made four years ago, I will site her as my inspiration.

Because my ladder is smaller, I had to place some buckets on the floor, but I don't mind. I don't have room for a real, full-sized ladder!


My mom gave me this little decorative wooden ladder. It was brown and rustic. I wanted to add a little color, so I painted it messily in Country Red-messily to give it the distressed look.


I bought the little galvanized buckets at Michael's a couple of years ago when they were on sale. You can find them in most craft stores. The Dollar Tree sells white ones for 3 for $1.

The labels are a free printable from Wings of Whimsy.


 I tied the buckets onto the ladder with ribbon, lace, and jute that I had on-hand. My husband is probably thrilled that I am using the stash of ribbon I already have!


Inside the buckets, I placed candy and in some, a Christmas activity for us to do that day. Then, I topped off the bucket with scraps of fabric, linen, and burlap.


Each day, we take the fabric scrap out and see what is inside! I leave out the scraps so we know which day we are on.

I love how it turned out and I am also impressed by Cupcake's willpower to not touch the buckets!
 

Delightfully Creating,

Linking To

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Work It Wednesday with The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

FRIDAYS
The Party Bunch Link with 
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
Creative Collection with
Craft-o-maniac, NoBiggie, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, Lolly Jane, Giggles Galore and The Crafted Sparrow
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails