Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Homemade Flavored Sugars Gift and Recipes



Last year for Christmas, I gave my sister a tea gift basket full of her favorite British treats, tea, and tea accessories. I also made some homemade flavored sugars to go with it. 

These make great gifts for tea and coffee lovers, but they also would make great hostess and neighbor gifts. 

I put the sugar in glass  containers I found at World Market. I made the labels from these free editable labels.

To make the sugars, you will want to use a small mixing bowl and spoon. Blend the ingredients with the sugar throughout before pouring it into containers. 

Citrus Sugar Recipes

I made lemon and orange sugars, but you can do this with any fruit that has a rind. First, you need to zest the fruit with a grater and allow the zest to dry over night. Then, mix the zest with the sugar-I did 1/2 cup per lemon zest and per 1/2 orange zest. Allow it to sit a week for best flavor. 

Vanilla and Spice Sugar Recipes


Vanilla Sugar
I simply added cooking vanilla to the sugar and decided when was enough by taste. You can infuse vanilla sugar using a vanilla bean, but this was much simpler. It makes the sugar a bit wt, but it works!

Cinnamon Sugar
I simply mixed cinnamon with the sugar to taste. You can buy cinnamon sugar already made, obviously, but I like the homemade-ness of mixing your own.

Gingerbread Sugar
For this sugar, I blended one cup of sugar, 2 tsp of ginger,  1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.

I tasted all of them, of course, and they were yummy. I really liked the gingerbread in coffee!


Delightfully Creating,

Linking To

 MONDAYS


TUESDAYS

Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios




 WEDNESDAYS




FRIDAYS
The Party Bunch Link with
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
Creative Collection with
Craft-o-maniac, NoBiggie, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, Lolly Jane, Giggles Galore and The Crafted Sparrow

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas! I think they'd be great stirred into a homemade hot chocolate, too! Thanks!
    Apple Pie at Sisterswives.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails