Saturday, December 20, 2014

14 Creative Gift Wrap Ideas



I love wrapping gifts creatively and making the packages pretty. My family makes fun of me because "it just gets thrown away," but it makes me happy, so who cares? It's my therapy.  If this is something that makes your heart leap for joy, read on. If thinking about tape and wrapping paper makes you break out in hives, stop now. And don't feel pressure to make pretty packages! Remember what is important is the heart behind the gift-not pretty packaging.

As mentioned above, I love wrapping gifts and making them pretty, so I will admit-I usually have themes to my Christmas giftwrapping. I know, I am a craft nerd. This year my themes were Chalkboard and Polkadot & Brights. But, they all kind of got morphed together in the end!


I love this green paper from Hobby Lobby, so I decided to mix it into my chalkboard theme. Baker's twine is one of my favorite materials for adding color and flair to packages. The chalkboard tag came from the Dollar Spot at Target, which is a gold mine for inexpensive wrapping. I wish I could write like this, but I was not given that talent!


A simple way to add flair to a package is to add a large tag! I got this fabulous free chalkboard printable from Simply Kierste. Washi tape is another favorite material for adding color and flair.

I love using paper doilies for wrapping. They are inexpensive, plus I have a ton left over from other projects! This beautiful tag by Lia Griffith is a free printable from World Label.


For this gift, I punched the edges of plain white paper with my Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch. The chalkboard tag came from the dollar spot at Michael's, another goldmine for gift wrap material!

I love how this one turned out-simple, but pretty! I love using monogram stickers to label packages without messing with a tag.

Don't have any Christmas gift bags on hand? Don't go out and buy one when you can turn a plain bag into a Christmas one! I glues on a piece of scrap wrapping paper I had left and added a doily and this cute free tag from Studio sjoesjoe.

Layering wrapping paper adds flair to a package!

I got this idea from My Life, Laughs, and Love. I've used washi tape as a banner before, but I love how she just handwrote on the package, so I shamelessly copied.


You can turn a simple black box into a personalized chalkboard extravaganza with a chalk marker! I got this black gift box in the dollar spot at Target and drew on it. I used one side to label who the gift is for. This is a fun idea for kids to decorate a gift box. Because I draw like a child, this is appropriate to point out. :-)

I like to use double tags. It adds an extra something. This free printable tags came from Living Locurto.

Here is some more monogram tagging and inexpensive embellishments from Michael's.

Last year, my theme was Black & Bright. I only took three photos and they are not great-sorry!

Using scrapbook paper scraps is a great inexpensive way to decorate packages. I also like using stray buttons.

If you still read newspapers, it's back in style to use them to wrap gifts-or you can buy a dollar roll of newsprint wrap from the dollar spot, like me. 

I have a ridiculous amount of embroidery thread leftover from my cross-stitching days. I use any excuse I can to use it up! 

Delightfully Wrapping,
 Linking To

MONDAYS


TUESDAYS

Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios




 WEDNESDAYS

Work It Wednesday with The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS  
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore



FRIDAYS
The Party Bunch Link with
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
Creative Collection with
Craft-o-maniac, NoBiggie, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, Lolly Jane, Giggles Galore and The Crafted Sparrow

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

2 comments:

  1. These are so incredibly pretty! I love what you did with your gift wrap :) It always looks like a drunk elf wrapped my gifts, LOL.

    Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! haha-I did have one that looked like a drunk elf wrapped it. Basically, I was done and just used two different types of paper and not in a pretty way!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails