Sunday, September 21, 2014

Easy DIY Jungle Family Costume


This was actually our costumes from last year, but I put them together at the last minute and never had a chance to post it!

I love family costumes, but I pretty much gave up on us doing a family costume last year because we were so busy. I had already bought Cupcake's monkey costume at a consignment store and my original plan was not going to pan out because I didn't have time to pull it off. But, the day before Halloween, I visited The Dollar Tree and was inspired!

So, he we are-a jungle themed family costume-a monkey, a tree, and an explorer.


For Cupcake, I bought her costume at a consignment shop, as I mentioned before, and added a bow to make her a girlie monkey. :-) Consignment shops are awesome for buying costumes. Most of them are nearly new, as children typically only wear them once or twice, especially under the age of two.

Jeff already had the clothes, hat, and handkerchief, so I bought him some binoculars from the toy section of The Dollar Tree.

For my costume, I wore all brown and made a leaf necklace for the top of the tree. I found these leaf bunches at The Dollar Tree in the floral section.


 Used three to make the necklace. I cut the leaves to seperate them and simply tied them tightly to jute string.


  Very simple and cheap!!


Delightfully Creating,
Linking To:

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars
The Party Bunch Link with 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
Creative Collection with

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails