Sunday, August 24, 2014

Color Sticker Book from Paint Cards {Pin There, Done That}



I saw this idea at Craftulate and pinned it a long time ago, with plans to make it for Cupcake when she was a baby, as a color recognition book. But, Cupcake grew to toddlerhood and could name all her basic colors and I never made the book.

When I was planning for Pre-school this year, it came to mind again. I thought it would make a great color sorting activity if I let HER place the stickers herself on the correct colors.

It was a hit!

 You can find paint cards/chips free at hardware stores.

*There has been some debate in Blogland as to whether taking paint cards for crafts is really OK. I think so in moderation and as long as you are not making a profit-here is a great article addressing this issue. BEHR (the paint cards I used) has stated they are great with people taking their paint cards for crafts, as long as they are not making a profit. But, if it still makes you feel uneasy, just ask a store associate if it's OK. You can also ask if they have old paint cards in the back that they are planning on throwing out.

All I did was glue the paint cards back to back, punch holes, and bind them with binder rings I already had on hand (Cupcake doesn't care that they don't match :-))

I also made a cover for it with scrapbook paper (I covered Cupcake's name because I am paranoid about the internet. :-))


We won't use it for Pre-School every week, but she can can continue to use it to collect and look at stickers!

Delightfully Creating,

 Linking To:

MONDAYS


TUESDAYS

Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
The Inspiration Exchange with Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 



 WEDNESDAYS

Work It Wednesday with The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste  
Pretty Wednesday with Free Pretty Things For You

THURSDAYS
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore



FRIDAYS
 Preschool & Kindergarten Community with Homeschool Creations

For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars
The Party Bunch Link with
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
Creative Collection with
Craft-o-maniac, NoBiggie, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, Lolly Jane, Giggles Galore and The Crafted Sparrow

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails