Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday 4/2/14

It's time for another What I Wore Wednesday with Lindsey from The Pleated Poppy!


I've been really bad about taking photos. So, I pretty much only took photos when I participated in the Instagram Challenge with Dean Street Society. I have a small window of opportunity to take a photo when the lighting is right and Cupcake isn't sleeping. She's been sleeping in our room for a month because her ceiling STILL is not fixed. I don't want to get into it-if you know our landlords, though, know they are fabulous and it is not their fault. It's the Management Company responsible for the building who is to blame.

Anyway....

Challenge: My Best Feature

I wasn't sure what to do, but I've always appreciated my hazel eyes and green brings out the green in them, so I color blocked with aqua. 

T-Shirt: Old Navy
Pants: Gap Outlet
Shoes: ModCloth
Necklace: Pick Your Plum
Earrings: Laila Rowe

Challenge: A Little Bit Tomboy
(and the finger prints are back :-) Cupcake loves mirrors and Mama hates cleaning them)

Plaid Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Gap Outlet
Booties: Charlotte Russe

Haven't worn this hat in forever and it quickly came off because I got too hot. :-( Ever since I had Cupcake, I turned hot natured. It's really weird. I used to be cold all the time.


Challenge: Chic in Neutrals

Top: H&M
Pants: Maurices
Shoes: Payless

I had to wear a colorful necklace because I'm not a solely neutral kinda girl!


Necklace: Target

Challenge: Never Paired Together

One of the earlier challenges I didn't participate in was to mix plaid and polka dots. I was skeptical until I saw others pull it off beautifully. So, I looked up the rules for mixing these patterns and found this combo from my closet-and I love it!

Dress: ModCloth
Plaid Top: Forever21
Blazer: Maurices
Tights: Belk
Booties: Charlotte Russe

P.S. If you are going to mix patterns like dots and plaid, they should have at least one similar color.
Without the blazer:


Challenge: Spring Florals
I used an oldie but a goodie for this one.

Top: Papaya (a LONG time ago)
Blazer: Maurices
Jeans: Gap Outlet
Shoes: Target
Jewelry: Charming Charlie

And that's all for this week!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails