Sunday, April 6, 2014

Flower Bunny Wreath {Delightfully Creative}

I've seen a variety of bunny wreaths in Blogland over the past couple of years, so I decided to make my own for my Easter "mantle" this year.


I wanted to make one made out of white flowers, but shaping them proved to be hard, so I made the bunny out of small vine wreaths. They are easy to make. All you need is four 6" grapevine wreaths, glue, wire cutter (a jewelry one works) and brown grapevine wire. It looks like this:



 The wreaths come packed as two wreaths together, but are hooked on one side. Usually, I pull them apart, but it worked perfectly to separate them into a figure 8 for the bunny body-they are already hooked together, so no work needed!

For the ears, I separated the other two wreaths. For each wreath, I squeezed to sides together to form the oval ear shape. It will stay in shape. I attached each ear to the head with the grapevine wire by placing the ear and wrapping the wire around the ear and head to secure it in place. I first tried to hot glue the ears on, but that didn't work! Fortunately, I had grapevine wire lying around.

I stuck the flowers into the wreaths and secured them with floral wire.


I displayed it with my Easter "mantle" (aka bookshelf), in the green frame with the faux chalkboard backing. I plan on posting my whole mantle in a few days.



Delightful Creating,
Linking To:

 MONDAYS
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios


 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Work It Wednesday with  
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS
Inspiration Gallery with Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars
The Party Bunch Link with 

The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea. Your wreath looks great framed too.

    If you have a minute to spare I would be thrilled if you could share your post at my weekly Say G'Day linky party. It's on right now and this would be a fabulous addition.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love your bunny wreath! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bunny wreath - It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment, Lori!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails