Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter "Mantle" {Delightfully Nesting}

I love Spring and I loved decorating my "mantle" (it's really a bookshelf) for Easter!


If you've been reading my blog for at least a year, you will notice I used some things from last year's Spring mantle, including the flowers, fabric flower art, and hydrangea art.  My goal has always been to keep main elements the same and switch out small things when I want. 

This year, I made the bunny wreath and Scripture Art.

Other new elements include my miniature rustic birdhouse and birds:

My mom bought me these cuties at a store in Williamsburg, VA.

For my "movement" I put together a jar of my previously made shabby chic Easter eggs with shredded book pages, and two shabby chic birdcages.


My family celebrates Easter to remember and celebrate Christ's sacrifice for our sins on the cross and  His glorious resurrection and defeat of death. So, I tried to bring some elements into my decorations to remind us of this.



I found this birdcage at Michael's for $2 and wrapped a small 4" wooden cross in twine. I love how it looks in the birdcage! It keeps with the Shabby chic theme, but also reminds me of "the old rugged cross."

I thought it was a little plain, so I wrapped it in some flowers too-that can represent the resurrection: new life and purity.

For the white birdcage, I put moss and one of the shabby easter eggs inside. 


I taped on the paper flowers (found in the scrapbook section at Michael's) with double stick tape. 

I usually decorate for Easter and then change it slightly for Spring, but because Easter is late this year, I think I will just leave this up and switch to Summer. Summer begins in May in North Carolina, anyway!


How about you? Do you decorate separately for Spring and Easter or do you leave the Easter decorations up for all of Spring?

Delightful Nesting!

Linking To:

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara  
Work It Wednesday with  
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS
 Inspiration Gallery with
Design, Dining, Diapers // Crafterberry Bush // The Golden Sycamore

FRIDAYS
The Party Bunch Link with 
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

1 comment:

  1. how super cute love it sure does express spring
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails