Sunday, March 30, 2014

Make Your Own Art With Free Digital Elements {Delightfully Creative}

Is anyone else happy that Easter is later this year? I feel like I have much more time to prepare my heart, and honestly-more time to decorate as I am woefully behind.

One of the items I planned to change on my Easter "mantle" this year was the 8x10 art. I previously put up some Easter Subway art I made, but the colors no longer match my color scheme. Though there are a lot of fabulous free printables out there, I couldn't find one that fit my desires to a tee, so I decided to make my own!

It's easier than you think! All you need is some free clipart that some wonderfully talented and generous designer offers for free (or you can buy one) and a design program (I used Publisher).


My clipart, or digital element, came from Free Pretty Things For You, which is a blog that offers a myriad of-you guessed it-free pretty things**! They have printables, digital scrapbook elements, gift tags-you name it. And they are beautiful.

I downloaded the free vintage floral banners from Free Pretty Things For You, cropped out which banner I wanted, and re-sized it to fit an 8x10 Print. Make sure the resolution of the element is big enough for the size you want, or else it will come out blurry.

I wanted to make something with a Bible verse to remind me and my family of the reason we celebrate Easter, so I chose Titus 3:5, which sums up the Gospel of Jesus perfectly and concisely-and thankfully, it fit on the banner!



I created the text with Word Art in Publisher, using Janda Elegant Handwriting font (you can download it for free here). Word Art allows you to easily shape and manipulate your text to fit the digital element. I'm sure this can also be done on Photoshop, but I'm still learning how to use it.

And that's it! Simple, pretty, inexpensive art.



Delightfully Creating,

** Free Pretty Things For You and other designers who offer digital elements for free do so to generously share their work with others. Their elements are protected by copyright and cannot be used to create anything to sell or giveaway for free on a blog.

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac

TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Work It Wednesday with
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste
 
THURSDAYS
The Creative Connection with Create.Craft.Love

FRIDAYS
The Party Bunch Link with 
The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with 

 Momnivore's Dilemma // A Pretty Life in the Suburbs // Twigg Studios //  Satori Design For Living

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful art! Pinning to our Monday Funday board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word!! It is such a joy to see my images being used in such a glorious way!!! THANK YOU for sharing this with me!!! :D You made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Thanks for sharing at the Anything Goes linky at Bacon Time. Hope to see you again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindie! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails