Thursday, February 27, 2014

"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" Party {Festive Delights}

On Monday, Cupcake turned two years old! I can't believe it. 

We had a small family party for her this past weekend. We've decided that we are not doing big parties every year. When she is older, we will do bigger parties on special birthdays, if she so desires.

I like to celebrate, so, though we had a small party, I still wanted a theme and a little decor, so I chose "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" because it is one of her most favorite books. 

(I apologize for the poor lighting in these photos-our dining room gets no natural lighting!)


I had a few simple decorations-Here is the whole food table (minus the food):


A few details I loved-

Cookie Happy Birthday Banner:


I used her birthday banner from last year and added the cookies, which I punched out with scallop circles and a standard hole punch for the chocolate chips.

My mom recently bought me this painted vintage milk can, so I used it to hold the plastic-ware. I used recycled Frappuchino bottles as milk bottles to hold the straws and as a vase to hold flowers.

It's the mouse! Isn't he cute? My parents found him at Barnes and Noble.

I made a mouse bouquet with clipart from the book and cookies.

 And of course, I had to include this photo from when Cupcake met the Mouse at the Children's Museum this past November.

Best photo ever close up:

 She was so excited and star struck until she had to sit next to him.


Of course, we had to have cookies!

With a mouse theme, we had to have cheese! Isn't this adorable?! And no, I did not cut those out! This is actually Mickey cheese, which Cupcake LOVES. It is made by Sargento and the only place I've found it so far is Walmart.

Cookie Cupcakes

Happy 2nd birthday to our little sweetheart!

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac



TUESDAYS




 WEDNESDAYS

Look What I made with Creations by Kara  
Work It Wednesday with  
The Happy Housie // The Blissful Bee // The Turquoise Home // Place of My Taste

THURSDAYS
The Creative Connection with Create.Craft.Love


FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars
The Party Bunch Link with 

The 36th Avenue // The Idea Room // 30 Handmade Days // Whipperberry
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with 
 
Momnivore's Dilemma // A Pretty Life in the Suburbs // Twigg Studios //  Satori Design For Living

1 comment:

  1. What a cute party! Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails