Thursday, January 23, 2014

Winter Mantle {Nesting Delights}

I don't like to jump right into Valentine's Day Decor for my "mantle" (aka bookshelf), so I between Christmas and Valentine's, I put up a simple Winter theme. Here's my Winter "mantle" for this year:


My frame backing is new this year-it's a faux pallet board. 



I was trying to figure out what to put behind my white berry wreath and after my first few ideas fell through, I found this pallet board scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby! I also found an art board in the clearance section that was the exact size of my frame (16x20) and cost less than $1. So, I didn't even have to cut the board! I simply glued the paper onto the board. I made sure I cut the paper and lined it up, so you can't see edges. From a distance, it looks real.

The berry wreath is super simple to make, but you can see my very short tutorial here.

For my visual weight, I used the same snowy sticks I used for Christmas, but added frosted pinecones and yarn balls to the vase.


I used my Winter Art from a few years ago, as well as my snowflake tree. I needed another layer, so I stuck the mini lantern on a candle holder and loved it.


That's my little Winter Wonderland in the living room!


Delightfully Nesting, 


Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac

TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue   
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS

Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

1 comment:

  1. Hi April! I love your mantle, and I especially love the frame with the faux pallet above it. I had no idea it was paper and not actual wood! So creative!
    Featured you on Project Inspire{d}! Thanks so much for linking up and hope you'll join in again this week! http://www.sillypearl.com/2014/02/project-inspired-link-party-creative.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails