Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Harry Potter Accessories for 18-inch Doll {Delightfully Creative}

I am super excited to show you what I made for my niece for Christmas! 

Last year, I made her a Gryffindor uniform for her American Girl doll, complete with a wand and pygmy puff (because Ginny is her favorite).


This year, I made her the accessories to go with it! (Oh, how I love miniatures!)


I had a lot of fun miniaturizing the world of Harry Potter. Most of this is due thanks to awesome people who make their artwork available on the internet.

Since my niece's favorite character is Ginny (and Felicity appropriately has red hair), I made the accessories for Ginny.

Ginny can't make it to Hogwarts without her acceptance letter, supplies list, and ticket for the Hogwarts Express.

(So you can get an idea, the letter is about 2 in long)

I created the letter in Publisher, copying the wording and list from the book. I used images of the Hogwarts Crest, Professor McGonagall's Signature, and the signature of Lucinda, the Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions.

For all the miniatures I made from free printables and art, I first printed them. Then, I scanned and save them as a jpg. Lastly, I miniaturized them in Publisher and printed them small. 

The Hogwarts Express ticket came from Harry Potter Paraphernalia and the owl post envelope came from here.

Ginny needs all her first year books for her first year at Hogwarts.


I found images for the book covers here, here, and here.
I plan on writing a separate post with a tutorial on how to make books for 18 inch dolls. For these books, I made pages with actual text, most of which I copied and pasted from the Harry Potter Wiki. If you search for each book, you will find excerpts. 

Because Ginny always has second-hand books, I used vintage-looking scrapbook paper behind the cover images. I also rubbed them with distress ink to make them look old and dirty.


Ginny also needs her cauldron and perhaps she will smuggle in some ingredients and potions too (we know how cunning she is!). 


The cauldron is just one of those plastic cauldrons you can find around Halloween. I bought it at Target in a back of six. 

For the potions, I filled miniature vials with glitter and glued the corks in place. I used Tim Holtz idea-ology miniature vials variety pack (you can find them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels).

I miniaturized Over The Big Moon's AWESOME potion labels and glued them on the vials.

Teeny Tiny Skele-Gro cuteness!

Since a Bezoar is a stone, I used beads instead of glitter.


Not sure what Ginny would be doing with all those hard-to-get materials, but she is pretty resourceful, so who knows? :-)

Ginny, of course, needs her magic quills to write her essays and a copy of the Quibbler to entertain herself on the long ride to Hogwarts. 

I bought the miniature feathers at Hobby Lobby. I found this awesome Quibbler at Deviant Art and miniaturized it.

And yes, it is a full issue!


I imagine in her cunning, Ginny swipes the Marauder's Map from Fred and George.

I got the map from Harry Potter paraphernalia and miniaturized it. It is made to fold crazily, like the actual Marauder's Map. HPP explains how to fold it, but I just winged and hope my niece will be able to fold it back up.


Ginny, of course, needs to store all her stuff in a trunk.


I found this perfectly sized trunk box at Hobby Lobby and all the stuff fits inside! It is perfect, as I imagine Ginny also gets a vintage second-hand trunk, which she would probably cover in stickers of her favorite band and all-women Quidditch team.


We all know Hedwig belongs to Harry, but I had this miniature birdcage, so I couldn't resist. 

So, Ginny can just hold her for Harry.

I found the owl ornament at Pier 1. 

A little crowded, but it works!

Delightfully Creating,
 Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
The Inspiration Exchange with
Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue   
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS

For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails