Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bright Bird-Themed Nursery...So Far {Delightfully Nesting}

I've refrained from posting photos of Cupcake's room, though it is one of my favorites in the house. You see, I never really "completed" it. We moved a month after she was born, so I didn't spend the normal pregnant nesting time putting up curtains and hanging picture frames. I spent it making lots and lots of lofty plans...I was so naive to what momhood would be like!

However, today, I am going to give you a view of it as is. I still plan on adding (and not keeping that big white wall blank!), but I'm not putting pressure on myself. Cupcake is happy and I chose the theme and colors for her room to last at least 5 years and if not, more. So, there's time to add! 

One more disclaimer: Most of these are not good photos. I am not a professional and it is REALLY hard to get the lighting right in her room because we live next to the woods, so bear with me! They'll give you the gist. :-)



The Gallery Wall:


 I bought all of the frames at Hobby Lobby and painted them, with the exception of the clipboard frame, of course. You can read about how I made that here


The adorable bird art was free from Feed Your Soul.

You can read more about the button monogram in an earlier post. Also, just to clarify, her real name is not Cupcake. :-) It just happens to also start with a C. I use "Cupcake" for her online protection since I sometimes post photos of her too.


The You Are My Sunshine art came from Prairie Sweet Boutique on Etsy. I saw and knew I had to put it in Cupcake's room because that is the main song I sing to her. I like it because it omitted the "my only sunshine" line. We change the words to "my precious sunshine" because well, I hope to have more children so none of them will be my only sunshine! That's how my mom sang it to me.


We bought the window valance at Babies R Us. It is part of Dena's Happi Tree line.
I love Dena's fabrics and bought another print to make stuff for Cupcake's room too.


The crib, guest bed, and that blank white wall, which I will remedy soon!


We didn't get a changing table, just a dresser and a changing pad. The cover is also from Dena's Happi Tree line. I made her mobile myself and you can read the details here.

Now she wakes up every morning saying, "I see bird! I see bird!"

I didn't by a bedding set because I couldn't find one I loved, so I bought a few crib sheets I loved that matched and this adorable blanket from My Wooby and Me on Etsy.


Please check out her shop-she sells such adorable blankets and other baby items and we LOVE this blanket. Cupcake still uses it as her main blanket. This is the same one, but smaller size. I custom ordered mine in the stroller size, which is still big enough for her at almost two years old.

My mom bought her this quilt for her 1st birthday, which matches. I don't remember what Etsy shop it came from, but I will link it if I can find out. We also found the matching pillow at a craft fair. It's a tooth pillow!


We store her toys in colorful cubes.


On the wall above her toy/shoe shelf:


I bought the birdcage at Hobby Lobby and plan on sticking on some photos with mini clothespins. I made her bird chalkboard (which right now has her name on it). You can read details about it here.


Her hair bow holder:

I found this adorable green bird cage at Michael's last year and use it to hold her bows and headbands.

The other shelf:

My friend Tamara made this fun ABC art for Cupcake. And my friend Liz made her the adorable teddy bear. Check out her etsy store!! She is temporarily on hiatus until February, but save it and go back!


That's all for now. I will post more projects as I complete them! In the meantime, you can follow my Pinterest board for Cupcake's room.

Delightfully Nesting,


Linking To

 MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue   
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

3 comments:

  1. Aww...so cool that the colors I used match your nursery! And apparently I knew your baby would be a C or X name, as they are huge. :)
    Love all the crafty stuff! It looks great!
    (and I have all my framed stuff leaning against walls because I don't have a drill...so I understand about blank walls)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I thought that when I opened it. She loves it. She looks at it all the time now and says, "I see ABs!" (That's what she calls the ABCs-she sings them "A BBBBBB LmNop XZ" hahah

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails