Friday, January 17, 2014

A Change of Pace But Never Jumping Ship! (Why I've Been Posting Less)

This is for those who read my blog regularly who may be wondering why I haven't been posting as much lately.

I am not going anywhere! This isn't one of those posts. :-)

But, I probably will be posting less. I will still post AT LEAST once a week and most likely a creative post because those are my most popular and my favorites. My goal is to post more like three times, but I am being super gracious with myself in this season of life.

Blogging is a hobby and outlet for me and, unless I one day decide to make money with it, I never want it to become a burden or "have to." If it does, it's lost its purpose and has become an idol for me to gain approval.

When I started this blog in 2008, I was newly engaged and had about three readers and a lot of time on my hands. I wrote a post every day. Now, I am married with a toddler and besides being a Stay-At-Home-Mom, I also work in college ministry. 

If it were up to me, I would just selfishly craft and blog all day long and have fun, but that's not what I've been called to in this season. In this season, I spend most of my hours wiping a runny nose, saying things like "Don't put that fuzz in your mouth!" and trying to fold laundry while keeping my almost two-year-old from sticking her hands in the toilet. On my "off" time I am counseling college girls to biblically suck it up and talk to their roommate about leaving all the lights on and their hair all over the bathroom floor while teaching them how to tell their best friend about Jesus.

Not gonna lie-it's an exhausting season. So, I am thankful for outlets like crafting, creativity, and blogging and I WILL make time for them. But, I also have to make time to know Christ, my husband, and my sweet little daughter plus get adequate sleep and exercise. 

So, I will be posting less often, but not stopping!!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails