Monday, December 16, 2013

Handmade Shabby Chic Note Cards {Delightfully Creative}

I recently participated in a handmade gift exchange with one of my favorite blogs, Craftaholics Anonymous. Linda organizes an exchange twice a year and I've always wanted to participate, so this year, I decided to join.

My exchange partner, Sarah, is a lovely person and I am excited to have a new blog friend. One of the gifts I made her was a set of shabby chic blank note cards, which are very easy to make.



Note cards are a great handmade gift because they are simple, but pretty and everyone cane use some note cards to send in the mail. Plus, the recipient gets to enjoy the card too, so it's a gift that keeps on giving!

I made my cards out of card stock, cutting them with a paper trimmer.Most of the embellishments and papers I used were on-hand, so I unfortunately cannot tell you the brand of most of them, but I hope they inspire your card-making!

For this card, I used my Martha Stewart doily edge punch to cut the doily side of the pink paper. The miniature doily is also from Martha Stewart. I do not know the brand of the flower, but I know I bought them at Michael's.

For this one, I did the same.

Different use of the same materials

For this card, I covered the whole front of the card with the blue paper, after punching out a scalloped circle in the corner. I thought it looked too empty, so I punched a smaller circle for the middle and added the monogram.

For this card, I used a Martha Stewart flower punch and a book page. 

I made two other gifts for Sarah too. This miniature framed chalkboard for her fridge (with a mini bottle for chalk). You can see my tutorial for it here.


I love making jewelry, so made her a necklace too. She told me she likes simple jewelry, loves photography, and has an adventurous spirit, so I tried to capture that in this necklace.

I'm glad I participated and hope to again in the future!



Delightfully Hand-making,

Linking To

Handmade Gift Exchange with Craftaholics Anonymous

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue   
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails