Thursday, November 28, 2013

Inexpensive and Creative Gift Wrapping Part 2 {Wrap It Up}

This is Part 2 of My Wrap It Up Series. See Part 1 here.

Ideas For How To Inexpensively Make Those Packages Beautiful!

Yesterday, I showed you some vintage looking ideas for wrapping gifts-here are a few more.
I found this lace at our now closed (sad face) A.C. Moore for $1 a roll! Craft stores are great for finding inexpensive ribbon. Many have a bargain bin with heavily discounted ribbon. 

And yes, I have a lot of spare red buttons! Here I punched newspaper scallop circles and taped on the buttons (and yes, I gathered them back up after my family ripped them off).

Here is another doily and cross-tie design, but with silver ribbon this time.

For this one, make sure you have buttons with holes large enough to fit baker's twine.

This was an awkward gift to wrap because it was a tin of candy shaped like a Christmas tree. I decided to not fight against the shape and embellished it like a Christmas tree. I used crocheted lace tape that I had on-hand.

For this one, I made a flower with the $1 lace ribbon. I had a piece left that was too short to tie around anything, so I folded it accordion style, tied it in the middle and fanned it out to make a little flower.

Sorry for the bad-quality photo! This one is pretty self-explanatory, but that is a little piece of baker's twine tied in the button holes.

Self-explanatory!

For this one, I used scrapbook paper as the first layer. Making a fanned out tie like this is easy. You just wrap the twine (or ribbon) around the package however many times you want and tie it tightly. Then, fan out the individual strands. For the flower, I punched several scalloped circles and layered them.

Stay tuned for the next two days, where I will show you my "Merry & Bright" theme for the kids.

Delightfully Wrapping,


Linking To

 MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue  Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails