Monday, October 7, 2013

College Pride Toddler Tees {Delightfully Creative}

My husband and I both have a lot of pride for the sports teams of our Alma Maters {though neither are doing very well this year :-(} He attended NC State in Raleigh, NC and I attended Appalachian State in Boone, NC.

Fortunately, they are not rivals, nor do they play in the same conference, so we can cheer for both-and, of course, pass our fandom down to our little Cupcake. I recently made her some applique tees, so she can cheer with us!

I've made applique onesies with felt, before, but I wanted to use cute fabric for these. I used scraps of fabric that I already had. The cute t-shirts came from Hobby Lobby (Tip: they run small, so get the next size up! Cupcake is 19 months old, but still wears 12-18 months or 18 months and I got her 2T).


I made the patterns myself and cut the appliques out using freezer paper. You can find freezer paper in the same section as foil and plastic wrap in the grocery store. Freezer paper has one glossy side and one more paper-like side. I traced the patterns on the paper-like side and iron on the freezer paper to the fabric with the glossy side touching the front of the fabric. It irons on great and peels off easily! It makes it MUCH easier to cut out straight patterns than pinning the pattern to the fabric.


I then sewed on the fabric using embroidery floss. I like the shabby look of embroidery floss! Last, I tied the bow with ribbon and sewed it on.

I really love how the App State one turned out!

I, of course, had to make her an NC State one too, to match her NC State shoes. The NC State was much harder to make with that little N and C!

 I am not as crazy about this one-if I did it over, I would choose different black fabric, but this was the only pattern I had. It still turned out cute, though, and I am happy with it.

Cupcake tries to do the Wolfpack sign. She just pinches all of her fingers together, but it is adorable!

Delightfully Creating,

Linking To:

 MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
The Inspiration Exchange with  
Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 
 
WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue 
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

3 comments:

  1. How cute! Such a great idea! I'd love to do one of these for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute! I love them! I'll definitely have to make some for my gang. (But yeah - kind of a sad season for our Mountaineers so far.)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails