Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Breaded Pork Chops With Apple Chutney {Delightful Morsels}

Today's recipe is not only a Fall favorite, but an April original. Yep, I actually invented this apple chutney recipe myself (not the pork chops). I am pretty proud of it because I am not one to invent recipes! I have to give credit to my husband, though, who one day suggested I make apple chutney.  I never before had made chutney.

I went on a search for an apple chutney recipe, but none sounded great to me, so I pretty much just gathered all the ingredients that sounded good to me and experimented. This one is a good balance of sweet and tangy.

Also, my mom will be relieved to know that I finally wrote down this pork chop recipe and I won't call her once a month asking her how long I am supposed to bake pork chops. Yep, I am 31 years old.

Without further ado-



Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4

Pork Chop Ingredients:
  • 4 Pork Chops (You can use boneless or bone-in)
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
Pork Chop Instructions:
  1. Break egg into a shallow dish or plate. Dump bread crumbs in separate bowl or plate. Coat each pork chop in egg and then bread crumbs by dipping each in the egg first and then the bread crumbs.
  2. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
Chutney Ingredients:
  • 1 tart apple (Braeburn or Gala works best), peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
  • Pinch of finely chopped onion
  • 1 Tbsp of Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Tsp. of Ginger
  • 1/4 Tsp. of Cinnamon
  • 1/4 Tsp. of Nutmeg
  • White Wine-enough to cover (about a cup and a half or 1 mini bottle)
Chutney Instructions: Simmer all ingredients in a small pot until caramelized (takes about 30 minutes).

Goes well with these other Cup of Delight recipes:
Garlicky Green Beans
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
Sauteed Collard Greens

Delightful Cooking,

 Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
The Inspiration Exchange with
Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue   
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails