Sunday, October 13, 2013

Baby Book Scrapbook Pages {Delightfully Creative}

Cupcake will be 20 months old in 10 days. Where has the time gone? And...I am still not finished with her baby book. I had this genius idea to do it myself and get all the pages done, so all I had to do was full in photos and journal. Well, that didn't happen.

I am kind of glad it didn't, though, because I find it easier to create creative pages when I know what kind of photos I actually want to place on the pages! I don't scrapbook often because it is so time-consuming, but I am enjoying my experience! However, if we have another baby, I am Shutterflying the baby book.

I also never finished all my grand plans for her room...but I have accepted that. She has some bright decor and function and that's all that matters. I will just add when I am able, SO I WILL be showing her room soon too-when good lighting and my time match up. That is my reality!

Here are some pages I finished recently. I really like to keep our photos of her personal. I don't like the idea of them being pinned all over Pinterest, so I put white blocks over the photos, so you can still see the layout. I did that with journaling spots and her name too, for safety and to keep our personal business personal! 

This is a page from her "In the hospital" section. On one tag, I wrote out the meaning of her name and on the other, I journaled my initial thoughts about our sweet baby girl. 
(Paper: My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline by Jen Allyson "Dolled Up" 6x6 Designer Paper Pad found at Hobby Lobby; Tags: Crate Paper "Little Bo Peep 12x12 Sheet found at A.C. Moore)

I wanted to do a shabby chic "patwork page," so this is what I made-it matches the page below, as they are next to each other in the book. I used the mini doily as a journaling spot.
(Paper: My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline by Jen Allyson "Dolled Up" 6x6 Designer Paper Pad found at Hobby Lobby; Mini doilies-Martha Stewart; Stickers-from Target)

By three months, Cupcake already lived in two homes! My husband took some great photos of our first apartment, so I added a page of those photos and one of me holding her in our first living room as a little family.
(Materials Same as Above Photo; Doily Lace Ribbon found at Hobby Lobby)

This is one of my favorite layouts-The left side was accidentally cut off a little while scanning (sorry!) I didn't realize it until I edited the photo and I was too lazy to go through the process again. But, I assure you, the h is fully in tact in her book. :-)

This two-page spread features all the photos I took of Cupcake each month in a white onesie and her month sticker. I cut up a real measuring tape-my initial idea was to use the measuring tape she was measured with at birth, but it had some blood and nasty body fluids on it, so I opted out. 

Also on this page is some of her measurements and stats and lyrics from one of the songs I sang (and still sing) to her: Halfway by Sandra McCracken.

This is the layout I plan to use for the beginning of each of her month pages. The bottom white part is a journaling spot where a wrote a few descriptive sentences about her, like what she enjoys and is doing...which wasn't much at this point. :-)
(All materials from Echo Park "Springtime" Kit)

This is one of my favorites and of course was inspired by someone else-haha. The journaling spot is a list of all the little nicknames we call her, including, of course, "Cupcake."
(Most materials from Echo Park "Springtime" Kit)

Delightfully Scrapbooking....even thought it's taking FOREVER,

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
The Inspiration Exchange with
 Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 

 WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails