Sunday, September 22, 2013

Disney Vacation Journals {Delightfully Creative}

As I write this, my sister and her family are magic-ing it up at Disney and Islands of Adventure. I am incredibly jealous as I'd love to be sipping Butterbeer right now. But, I joined in the magic and made my niece (9 years old) and nephew (5 years old) some traveling journals for their trip.


I already had a 5x7 scrapbook and a 8x8 scrapbook in my craft stash, so I used those to make the journals.

For the 5-year old, I used the 5x7.

My original idea was to make an autograph book for him, but my sister wasn't sure he would be into the autograph thing, so I just made it so he could put photos on one side and do whatever on the other-get autographs, color, place stickers (I gave him stickers too. Hobby Lobby had a ton of Disney stickers on clearance!).

I also made pages for him to draw his favorite ride, food, character, etc. since he is just learning to write and can't really read yet. I also made a map page for him to color what states they drove through to get to Florida.


The 9-year old's was much more intricate because she can write and is very articulate.

I made the majority of the cover with my new Silhouette Portrait I won from Simply Kierste!! They were the first things I cut out!

For the first to pages, I admit, I pretty much copied Angela from Angenuity because I loved her pages like this. I found her right before I was getting ready to start this journal and knew exactly where she got the map (see end of post) and journal cards.

Love the colors!

My sister sent me their itinerary, so I was able to make it to coordinate with their trip. I included journaling cards and different writing prompts, so she can record her own memories.


I also created spaces for her to place photos, using photo corners (so she can just pop them in)
I made sure to create journaling cards for each ride/show my sister mentioned was a highlight.


As an avid Harry Potter fan, my niece is probably most excited about Harry Potter World at Islands of Adventure, so I dedicated a few pages to it.


At the end, I created a few pages for her to list her overall favorites and thought about the trip and attached a pocket for her to keep anything she might want to stick in there.



They loved them-my niece was especially excited about hers, which warms my heart!

I made these using mostly free digital scrapbook resources and free printables (this is one reason I love the fabulous, talented blog world!). The two exceptions were that I bought a pack of Snap journaling cards from Hobby Lobby and used a pocket from Smash.

Here are the FREE resources I used and where to find them:


Delightfully Creating.

 Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac



TUESDAYS

The Scoop with
Cedar Hill Ranch // The Farmhouse Porch // Confessions of a Plate Addict // White Lace Cottage  
The Inspiration Exchange with  
Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road   
Time To Shine with A Diamond In the Stuff 



 WEDNESDAYS

Look What I made with Creations by Kara



THURSDAYS

The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue 
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels



FRIDAYS

For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off  
The Sunday Showcase with Stephanie Lynn
 Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

4 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails