Friday, June 7, 2013

Gift Stash For My Book-Loving Sister and Doctor Who Emergency Kit {Delightfully Creative}

My sister is a Bibliophile and Book-a-holic. She takes pride in being a nerd, so for her birthday I made the Ultimate Nerd Girl Gift Stash (but book-heavy) AKA Best-Gift-Ever (Seriously, this what I titled it on my gift plan list). She agreed-I will never be able to top this for her.

In the coming weeks, I will write more detailed posts about individual items, but here is the stash in all it's glory!

The stash included a book tote, book cover coasters, earrings from one of her favorite books, book art magnets, Doctor Who emergency kit, Harry Potter Cookbook, Hair Elastics, Nerd Girl Problem Magnets, A Teacup (quote from Pride and Prejudice), Pride and Prejudice necklace, and Sherlock Notebook. I also stuck in some Star Wars sticky notes I found in the Target Dollar Spot, but they are not pictured.

I was so excited to give this to her and I am ecstatic that she loved it so much!

I've posted before how I made elastic hair bands. So, I made some for her and made them bookish. :-) I found some card stock in my stash that looked like a book. My saying is quite appropriate for this week as she will be participating in a 48 hour reading thing-I doubt she will bother with her hair, so they should be put to good use. 

  Last week, I posted about the fabric covered mini emergency kits I made. My sister is a hardcore Whovian, so I made her a Doctor Who-themed one!

 I bought this awesome Tardis fabric from Spacefem on Etsy.


I don't even watch Doctor Who; I just have inherited knowledge and I had to do my research for the inside:


I came up with this saying from an episode where the 10th Doctor (my sister's favorite) says,
"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!"

I got the free Doctor Who font from here.

More details to come!

Delightfully Creating,

 Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac



TUESDAYS

Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog  
The Scoop with Lolly Jane // Cedar Hill Ranch // Crafty Texas Girls // The Farmhouse Porch The Inspiration Exchange with Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 



WEDNESDAYS

Look What I made with Creations by Kara  
Show and Share with Southern Lovely  
What We Wore, Read, and Made with Rae Gun Ramblings



THURSDAYS

Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot  
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue 



FRIDAYS

Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Weekend Wrap Up with Tatertots and Jello

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off
Our Sunday Best with Momnivore's Dilemma and  A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

1 comment:

  1. This really does look like the ultimate gift! It's SO thoughtful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails