Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quick and Easy Interchangeable Crafts: Lace Headband and Baby Shoes {Delightfully Creative}


These two projects are quick, easy ones-even for the non-crafter- AND they make wonderful gifts. Basically, there's nothing to them.

Headband

  I actually found this lace headband with a ribbon at Hobby Lobby (in the jewelry section). BUT, I have seen similar lace sold at Joann's that I think will work just as well.

The headband came with a black ribbon sewn into the middle. I decided I needed a longer ribbon and that it didn't have to be sewn in, which inspired me to make it interchangeable. I already had a myriad of colored ribbon that same width!


So, I simply cut the other ribbon to length, pulled out the stitches, pulled out the ribbon, and then wove a different color through the lace. 

Here it is in my hair in green.


And here it is in red.


Love it! It does take a minute to change out the ribbon, but it is super easy.

Baby Shoes
 I also found these cute baby shoes at Hobby Lobby-mind you, they are for not-yet-walkers (the bottoms are a bit slippery). They come in sizes from 0 months-12 months, though my baby is 14 months and usually wears a size 3.5 or 12-18 month shoe, and her 6-12 month pair still fits.


I thought they were super cute, but I wouldn't use them much because Cupcake doesn't have a ton of hot pink stuff (we try to vary her color!). After inspecting them, I figured the stitched-on flowers could be easily removed and remain in-tact. 

I brought them home and that's what I did. I also found similar brown flowers in the jewelry section, but I also intend on making some more fabric flowers in different colors.

I simply removed the flowers, hot glued small, round fuzzy-sided Velcros to the shoe and then hot glued the coarse sides to the bottoms of the flowers.


And that's it! Cute, interchangeable shoes.


Next friend that has a girl is receiving some of these!

I know what you're wondering-does she pull off the flowers? Nope-the Velcro is strong enough. And Cupcake pulls EVERYTHING off her feet-sock, shoes, fuzz-you name it.

Delightfully Creating,

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac

TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog  
The Scoop with Lolly Jane // Cedar Hill Ranch // Crafty Texas Girls // The Farmhouse Porch 

WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
  The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible
 
Show and Share with Southern Lovely  
What We Wore, Read, and Made with Rae Gun Ramblings

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Weekend Wrap Up with Tatertots and Jello

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes  
Your Great Idea with Or So She Says  
That DIY Party with DIY Show Off

1 comment:

  1. I actually WAS wondering if she would pull them off. :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails