Monday, March 4, 2013

Super Easy Mini Cherry Pies {Delightful Morsel}

For Cupcake's Shabby Chic Very Hungry Caterpillar first birthday party, I decided to make miniature cherry pies because the caterpillar eats through one piece of cherry pie. 

I had a ton of things to do since it was a DIY party, so I decided to make only foods that were simple and easy. I came up with this plan for the mini cherry pies and it worked really well-they were yummy!

Of course, you can use the same method with a homemade crust and filling, but for SUPER easyness and quickness, you can use the Betty Crocker pie crust mix 

(I suspect the Pillsbury ready-made crusts would work too!)

and 1 can of cherry pie filling  (I used Comstock)


All you do is press pie crust dough into a standard muffin pan and brush with egg white:


Fill crusts with cherry pie filling:


Make cross hatches or toppings with leftover crust dough and coat it with egg whites:


Bake according to pie crust directions (I baked mine for 20 minutes at 475).

That's it! You have yummy, cute little cherry pies.


Delightful Baking!


Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
  The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible
Show and Share with Southern Lovely What We Wore, Read, and Made with Rae Gun Ramblings

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Weekend Wrap Up with Tatertots and Jello

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 

 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

5 comments:

  1. thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! And so easy... now I want pie. Ha!
    Thanks for sharing your tips!
    -Kim @ Two Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! When you said you were only making things that were easy.... I thought to myself... I dont know how this is easy! But it was! It just looks like it took you days to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So does this recipe yield 12 mini pies?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails