Friday, March 29, 2013

Nectresse Sweetener {Friday Finds}

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. 

The Low Down: From the maker of Splenda comes a new 100 % natural, no calorie sweetener. Nectresse is made primarily from the monk fruit combined with other natural sweeteners.

Nutritional Info: 1 packet (2.4g), 0, 0g, 2g, 0g

Cost: $6.99 for a 5.9 oz container or $3.99 for box of 40 packets.

My Thoughts: The box says, "Tastes like sugar, but has zero calories per serving and 100 percent all natural!" Sound too good to be true? Well....it is. It does NOT taste like sugar. It left an icky after-taste in my mouth. I tried it alone, in coffee, and on strawberries and while the aftertaste was much more muted in coffee and on food, I still tasted it-it was just delayed.

Nectresse tastes much better than Splenda, though, and I think it would make a good alternative to sugar for those who are looking for a zero calorie sweetener made from natural substances-and also for diabetics (it is approved for diabetics). It just will not be going in my cup of tea. I'll stick to real sugar. It may have calories, but it tastes much better.

Pros: 0 Calories, natural, approved for diabetics

Cons:  Doesn't taste good

Best For: Diabetics, Those trying to limit calories

My Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails