Saturday, March 30, 2013

Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, Toothbrush, and Mouthwash {Friday Finds}

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. 


The Low Down: Colgate boasts that if you use the Optic White line, you will notice whiter teeth in 5 days. According to Colgate's Website, "Colgate Optic White has a high impact formula to make it easier to whiten as you brush your teeth." 

Cost: Toothpaste-$2.99 for 4 oz tube, Mouthwash-$2.99 for 8 oz bottle, Toothbrush-$2.99 per brush

My Thoughts: I am a life-long user of Colgate's original Peppermint Cavity Protection toothpaste. I am pretty committed-every other toothpaste tastes wrong to me. I also never use whitening products. After experimenting with several in my early 20s, I gave that up with sore, sensitive teeth. So, I was a little nervous about trying Optic White.

My reaction to it is meh. I've been using all three products for a week (since I received the box) and I don't really notice a significant difference in the whiteness of my teeth. And while they haven't caused me significant sensitivity pain (usually whitening products will do this to me in a couple of days), I can feel a little sensitivity coming on, which does not bode well for the future.

However, my teeth have never felt so clean! I really like the Optic White 360 Toothbrush. It leaves my teeth feeling uber-clean and seems to reach places normal toothbrushes do not. The toothpaste is very refreshing and eliminates all bad breath odor, but it uncomfortably stung my mouth (I am super sensitive to spices too, so maybe that has something to do with it). I do not really like the mouthwash. As it doesn't seem to make a significant difference in whitening, it does not offer much else than the mouthwash I already use.

Pros: Leaves teeth feeling super clean all day, Refreshing, odor-eliminating flavor

Cons: Didn't see a significant difference in whiteness, can make teeth sensitive, toothpaste is so minty it stings

My Grades: Toothbrush:A
Toothpaste: B-
Mouthwash: C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails