Friday, March 29, 2013

BelVita Breakfast Biscuits {Friday Finds}

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.



The Low Down:  BelVita Breakfast Biscuits are the new on-the-go breakfast offering from Nabisco. According to their website, they are made with a combination of grains that are carefully baked to release energy regularly and continuously to fuel your body throughout the morning and give you sustained energy.  They also boast a good source of fiber, B-Vitamins, and no high fructose corn syrup.

Nutritional Info: 4 biscuits, 230, 8g, 35g, 4g; 18-20 grams of whole grain; 3 grams of dietary fiber

Cost: $3.69 for a box of 5 packages of 4 biscuits.

My Thoughts: I received the Cinnamon Brown Sugar flavored biscuits and I was delighted by how yummy they are! I was a little skeptical at first because I thought they were like an energy bar, which I typically don't like. I found these quite delicious, but I didn't notice any significant difference in energy compared to what I normally eat for breakfast (cereal). 

I like to have something to grab for breakfast on the go. Normally, I have granola bars but I have to eat two because they don't fill me. I found the BelVita biscuits more filling. So, although they contain more calories and fat grams than your typical granola bar, it about evens out for me if I have to eat two granola bars. 

I really liked these and plan on buying them in the future for my breakfast-to-go food. I look forward to trying the other flavors.

Pros: Yummy Flavor, Surprisingly filling, no high fructose corn syrup, whole grain
Cons: More calories than other breakfast on-the-go choices

Best For: Breakfast-to-go; snack (can be paired with fruit!)

My Grade: A

1 comment:

  1. The golden oats ones are even yummier! Harris teeter had them buy 1 get one free a couple weeks ago, during double coupon time and it ended up being $.35 a box! We got 12 boxes, they are a hit with everyone in the house and as they don't have a lot of sugar I am happy to give Jack one with snack :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails