Monday, February 4, 2013

Button Monogram Art {Delightfully Creative}

I finally put some stuff on Baby Girl's wall before Christmas. Now it looks cheerier-I will show more later, but here is the button monogram art I made for her gallery wall.


I've seen the button monogram in various places, so I'm not sure where this idea originated. I used  a thick cardboard "C," I found at Hobby Lobby. I attempted to make my own hole in the back on which to hang it-that didn't work. I ended up placing to nails in the wall to hold the C-below the top curve and next to the bottom curve to keep it even (you can see them in the photo). 

I love these frames! I got this on sale at Hobby Lobby. They are white, but I spray painted this one blue. This was my first spray paint experience, believe it or not. I've been a little afraid of it. My snot turned blue, so note to all who've never spray painted: wear a mask!

I had a lot of the buttons on hand, but the cute polka dotted and striped ones came from Walmart, of all places. I really don't like Walmart and went there on a fluke. Glad I did!

I think her room will continually be a work in progress, so I may give you a "So far" reveal and then just show you as I add on. If you missed it, I never finished her nursery because I knew we were moving a couple months after she was born and well, those of you with kids know how much crafting you get done with a new baby. So, she's nearly a year old and my vision remains uncompleted, but her room looks cute as is, so I am content with getting stuff on the walls.

For more stuff I've made for Baby Girl's Room:


Delightfully Creating,
APRIL

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
  The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible
 
Show and Share with Southern Lovely  
What We Wore, Read, and Made with Rae Gun Ramblings

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Weekend Wrap Up with Tatertots and Jello
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

4 comments:

  1. C is for Cute! I love all the colors, especially the blue!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! What a great use for those fabulous buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! love the idea and I might try that one too for my incoming little boy.

    Luanne @ Crochet My Heart

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails