Monday, January 21, 2013

What Baby and I Are Reading January 2013 {Literary Delights}

The following are books I am reading with Baby Girl and enjoy. You can see my exact ratings on Goodreads.

 Baby Girl received some fun books for Christmas! Her library is growing. I hope she will grow up to love reading.

Here are the books she received for Christmas (we love them all).

Goldilocks and The Three Bears by James Marshall


This one came from bibliophile Auntie. This is a fun retelling of the classic tale-the same classic bits plus some humorous jabs. Marshall rightfully portrays Goldilocks as a bratty child who disobeys her parents, disrespects property, and is not liked by neighbors.

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems


Also from Auntie-to go with the original. I love this book-it is classic Mo Willems humor and art. In this book, Goldilocks fins herself in the wrong story with three hungry dinosaurs-Mama Dinosaur, Papa Dinosaur...and a dinosaur who happened to be visiting from Norway. (haha love that man!)

Old Bear by Kevin Henkes


Also from Auntie-this is a cute book about a sleeping bear who dreams of the days when he was a cub. It has wonderful colorful pictures and is good for teaching kids about changing seasons.

The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle


This is the book Jeff and I bought for her because she LOVES her Very Lonely Firefly toy. It's her favorite.


This is classic Eric Carle illustrations with a fun story about a lonely firefly who is searching for some fellow fireflies, but keeps finding other light sources instead. Finally, he finds a field of his friends-and this is the best part of the book-when you turn the page, they all light up! Baby Girl loves that because she loves anything that lights up.

 This one came from Grandma, along with Baker's other book LMNO Peas (which I've featured here before). It's a counting book with the cute little peas from 1-10 and then by 10s to 100. It's a fun counting book-love the cute, little peas!

I am linking this to What's On My Nightstand with Five Minutes For Books instead of my own reads this month. I've been a slacker about reading.
Delightful Reading!
APRIL  

2 comments:

  1. Very cute list of books. I had not heard of Goldilocks and the Dinosaurs...my son would love it.
    Stop by sometime...
    http://briarroseartstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a baby niece and a baby grandnephew and am a bibliophile auntie, so your list has given me some new pics to consider for birthdays and Christmas. Thanks! The 123 Peas and LMNOPeas peek my interest.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails