Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder {Literary Delights}

 School Library Journal's Top 100 Children Novels #84

Genre: Children's Historical Fiction (Though based on true circumstances, these books are considered fiction instead of autobiographical)

This is #6 In the Little House Series. I've also reviews Little House in the Big Woods and Little House on the Prairie.

The Recipe: In order to survive the rough winter, the Ingalls family moves into their store downtown. This is the story of how they survived a snowfall that fell from October to May in 1880.

The Frosting and Sprinkles: The Ingalls family is a close-knit loving family and the books promote familial love as well as helping and loving others.

It gives children a look into a life completely different from their own and a piece of history.

The Hair That Fell Into the Batter: If you read my other Little House reviews, you know I'm not a huge fan. I just don't find their plots-or lack there of, very interesting. The Long Winter is my least favorite-I found it as boring and long as the Winter it describes. I am surprised of all the Little House books, this one made the top 100.

Many children seem to like these books and find them interesting, though, They are just not my cup of tea.

My Rating: 


2 Out of 5 Cupcakes
(It was OK)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails