Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pin There, Done That: DIY Shower Scrub {Delightfully Nesting}


This one comes from my "Things To Try" Board. I pinned a blog entry from  Under The Table and Dreaming which featured a bunch of recipes for homemade/non-toxic cleaners. I am not really a rider on the popular cleaners-are-killing-us train, but I do think there is wisdom in checking the ingredients in cleaners and avoiding harsh chemicals on a regular basis.

Plus, homemade cleaners are much cheaper and do not take very long to make, so I'm trying different recipes.

For this shower scrub, I actually combined two recipes from Stephanie's site, one for mildew cleaner and one for shower scrub.

All you need is three ingredients:

Water
Baking Soda
Hydrogen Peroxide (Yes, it is non-toxic! Just don't swallow it. :-))

Mix one part hydrogen peroxide with two parts water. Add baking soda, while stirring, to make a watery paste. 

To clean your tub, spread paste on tub using a sponge/cloth/paper towel. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then scrub down and rinse. 

I found this scrub worked really well and thoroughly cleaned my tub. However, I suggest only making enough for one cleaning and just make it each time you clean (which takes less than a minute). I saved some, but when I tried to use it the next week, all the baking soda had settled to the bottom and it was really hard to mix it back together in the jar I had put it in. Perhaps if you saved it in a plastic bowl with a lid, it would not be as tough to stir?

Delightful Cleaning,

APRIL

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
Make It Monday with Brassy Apple
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible

WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Once Upon a Weekend with Family Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails