Sunday, December 9, 2012

Framed Joy and Christmas Decor 2012 {Delightfully Creative}

I finally put up my Christmas decorations. I always seem to see it as an overwhelming task until I suddenly get inspired and then I end up loving it. I don't think my personality fits a decorating schedule. I always plan to put the decorations up the day or two after Thanksgiving, but the time-table overwhelms me.

But, this week I was inspired! Here is my Fake Mantle (AKA Bookshelf) for Christmas 2012.



I'm excited to share with you the newest addition to my home decor-a fancy open frame which I painted green. Remember the frames I painted for C's room? I did one for the living room too. I found the frame for half price at Hobby Lobby.

The space above my bookshelf looked so empty and this was the perfect addition. I found the letters to JOY when I was unpacking stuff-we used it in our Christmas card pictures last year and it happens to be covered in the same paper I used for my paper Christmas tree. They went perfectly in the frame! 



I also like the crooked O, so I left it that way. It adds whimsy and character, I think.The letters balance perfectly on the bottom of the frame.

I used a lot of creations from last year, including my DIY Christmas art, Fabric Trees, and Vintage Spool Tree. I felt it needed a few more layers, so I added the white branches, ornaments here and there, and the candle stand:

 I have had those mini presents for years and they match my off-Christmas colors! I love it when decor just comes together like that.

I added some other decorations here and there. Here's my corner shelf:


I added some red berries to the white flowers on our end table to make them more Christmasy.


The precious new addition to our tree:-)

(Ornament from Hallmark)

Delightful Christmas Preparations!
(Remember to prepare your hearts),
APRIL

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac


Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou



TUESDAYS

Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible



WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything

Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  
Show and Share with Southern Lovely 



THURSDAYS

Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma




FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Once Upon a Weekend with Family Ever After

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing
Saturday Seven with Positively Splendid

Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

CHRISTMAS


4 comments:

  1. Your mantel is so pretty! I would love if you stopped by the BIG Christmas Mantel party to link it up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "JOY" - and yes, the crooked "O" is great. Oh, and I got the same ornament from Hallmark. Plus a boy one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely decorations!
    Thanks for linking up to the Christmas Mantel Linky Party at Embracing Change!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the 'Joy.' The crooked 'O' is my favorite part! http://pinkgerberdaisies-kady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails