Sunday, November 4, 2012

Delights of the Week: Countdown to Christmas: 50 Days!

The following are some of my favorite projects from other bloggers that I saw over the past couple of weeks. Please click links for details and tutorials.

 I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love handmade gifts! I love both receiving them and giving them. So, as we count down to Christmas, I will be looking for my favorite handmade projects that can be gifted and featuring a few on Delights of the Week alongside the other stuff I love (mostly because I love too many Fall projects-I can't stop featuring them yet!).


Handmade Gift Ideas:


 OK, I absolutely LOVE this cushion because I absolutely love NYC. Rebecca gives us a fabulous tutorial on how to design and make your own embroidered cushion. At first, I thought I could never do this because I can't draw, but a lot of tracing is involved-I can do that!

Another wonderful idea is using this technique to embroider kids' simple art. It would make cute kid room decor or a fun gift for grandparents.

3-In-1 Kids Play Tent from S.A.S Interiors

 I would have LOVED this as a kid. And it is a lot simpler to do than it looks! It would be hard to wrap...but still can be gifted none-the-less!

Kid Date Night Envelope from The Dating Divas

 This is a fun idea to do with your own kids, but it would also make a great gift to give to a family so they can have fun without the work. Click the link to read all the details, but basically, it is an envelope full of special activities kids can do while mom and dad are out-so they can get excited about date night too. For a gift, it would be a great idea to add a restaurant or movie gift card for the parents.

Autumn Delights (Because I Can't Get Enough!)

Scalloped Lace Pinecones from Bliss Bloom Blog

   I love Melanie's gorgeous little pinecone! This would be great for Winter too.

Harvest Circle Felt Leaf Pillow from The Sweet Survival

 Love the colors. Love the Leaves. Gorgeous.

Sweater Pumpkins from Sewing Barefoot

  A great upcycled and cozy project!

Yummy Food of the Week:
Pumpkin Trifle from Turtles and Tails

   Pumpkin+Trifle=Autumn Heaven

Thanks for inspiring!
APRIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails