Monday, October 22, 2012

Ribbon Embellished Burp Cloths {Delightfully Creative}

Here's a quick, fun handmade gift idea for a baby gift.


A friend of mine made some for me, so I decided to give it a try this weekend.  All you do is cut some ribbon to fit the length of the burp cloth/cloth diaper and sew on with a sewing machine, next to the two middle seams of the burp cloth/cloth diaper.


And viola! Cute burp cloths!
(They also make great dusting cloths after the baby no longer needs them).


 I have to make a disclaimer on this project, though: I suck at sewing. :-( I really need to take a class. But, the good news is, even me, who can barely wind a bobbin, always gets my thread tangled, and can't sew straight lines, pulled these off.



See-super easy! Just don't zoom in on the stitch line because it is not straight. :-) I will be keeping these ones for personal use because the stitch line is crooked. I am hoping I will get better with practice.



I didn't want my lack of sewing skills deter me from sharing this fabulous idea with you, though. They still look cute; I just would be embarrassed to gift these particular two with the crooked stitches.

Delightfully Creating,
APRIL

Linking To

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
Make It Monday with Brassy Apple
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible

WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Once Upon a Weekend with Family Ever After

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty. I remember when my kids were little...it is always so fun to pull out a beautiful burp cloth. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails