Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Taggie For Baby {Delightfully Creative}

I love giving little treats for every holiday possible, especially to the kids in my life. Now, I have a little one of my own, but she is only eight months old for her first Halloween. Obviously, I can't give her candy!

What to do? Well, she does love putting EVERYTHING in her mouth, like most babies her age. So, I came up with the idea to make her a little pumpkin taggie as her "treat."

I didn't make it too Halloweeny, so she can chew in style all Autumn. :-)

I love how it turned out and it took me only about an hour and half to make it (but that is because I hand stitched it, due to my previous sewing machine debacle.)

Here's How I made it:
Materials:
  • Orange Fabric (I found this cute, soft fabric (the kind with which you make blankets) at JoAnn's)
  • Freezer Paper (Optional)
  • Green ribbons of various designs
  • One brown ribbon scrap
  • A little piece of batting
  • Green Rick Rack
  • Permanent Double Stick Tape
What I Did:

First I made the pumpkin pattern on a piece of freezer paper because I find freezer paper works miracles for me when cutting out patterns! I traced a half-circle I found lying around my friend's house to make both sides of the pumpkin and then free-handed the rest.

After cutting out the front and back of the pumpkin, I made the ridges with the green rick rack. I decided I did not want to sew these on, so I stuck them to permanent double stick tape, trimmed the tape to fit the rick rack, and pressed firmly. Make sure you get permanent double-stick tape if you use this technique. Hem tape also works.

Next, I cut my ribbon tags, pinned and sewed them onto the FRONT of the front piece. Like this:


I wanted some padding, so I cut out a piece of batting in the pumpkin shape to go in between the front and back piece. To sew the pumpkin together, I layered the pieces: front, back, batting, with the OUTSIDE pieces of the front and back facing each other (the INSIDE should be facing outward at this point-the pumpkin should be inside out.)

Lastly, I stitched the three pieces together, leaving a small opening. I turned the pumpkin right side out and stitched up the small opening. 

Little C approved!

Delightfully Creating,
APRIL

Linking To:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible

WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely 

THURSDAYS
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue 
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog 
 
SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet idea, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute taggie! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'd love for you to link this up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/11/do-something-craft-65/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails