Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hipster Family Costumes {Delightfully Creative}

Have I mentioned that I LOVE wearing costumes? That was rhetorical. Anyway, I've also mentioned that my husband and I work for a Christian college campus ministry. Every year, we host a Fall Retreat and every year there is a themed dance. 

This year's theme was Hipsters and Hippies. We decided to go the hipster route. So, we scrounged up some stuff we already owned + bought some cheap stuff (e.g dollar store glasses) and hipsterfied ourselves.

Now that I have a child I can subject the poor little lass to my costume love. She was clearly the star, so I will showcase her first:

Hipster=plaid shirt, hipster glasses
(Thanks Michelle for the photo)

The Whole Hipster Fam:

I am kind of scared of how well my husband pulled off hipster.

And yes, those ARE baby jeggings!

 We attempted the fake mustache, but little C kept trying to eat it.

Hipster Baby and Hipster Mama.

 Little C ironically eating a dinosaur.

Ya'll I seriously started blogging before blogging was cool-like when there was only LiveJournal.

And for the Grand Finale, here is a link to a hilarious series on "How To Be a Hipster." (It's short and illustrated) Enjoy!
Part 1-How To Dress
Part 2-Hipster Interests
Part 3-Lifestyle

Delightful Hipster For a Day,
APRIL

 Linking To:

 MONDAYS

Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
TUESDAYS
 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible

WEDNESDAYS
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo

Once Upon a Weekend with Family Ever After


SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS

Overflowing with Creativity
with It's Overflowing 
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes


4 comments:

  1. This is adorable. My daughter is into the mustache fun!! I'm following your page now. Follow me to at www.sewsweetvintage.com And hit me with a facebook like to my fb box there if you have a minute:) I posted lacey ghost pumpkin to this party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find baby Hipster glasses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dollar store-I actually picked the smallest reading glasses I could find and they worked perfectly.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails