Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's On My Nightstand September 2012

Today I am participating in  "What's on Your Nightstand" with 5 Minutes for Books, which occurs on the 4th Tuesday of each month. So, if you love to read, please join in!

What's On Your Nightstand

The number of books is dwindling...it's that time of year for me.

Books I Read This Month
 (Reviews coming soon)

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


Preview: I read this for my book club this month. It was my first John Green book and I really liked it, despite some flaws.

Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild


 Preview: It was OK, but I found it quite boring. I think something is wrong with me because I don't like the girly classics. :-) (well, except Anne of Green Gables of course!)

The Drowned Vault by N.D. Wilson
(Ashtown Burials #2)


Preview: I am obsessed with this book. Obsessed. I loved the first in the series, The Dragon's Tooth
and the sequel surpassed it. N.D. Wilson is becoming one of my favorite authors-he's brilliant.
 
What I'm Reading Now

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney


So far, it's cute and I'm sure will take me no time to read.

What's Planned For Next Month
Every time I do one of these posts, I look back at last month's post and I never follow the plan-haha. But here it is anyway!

I will finish Grace for the Good Girl. I will finish Grace for the Good Girl. But if I don't, I will have grace on myself. :-) Taking my time going through it and if you care to read my reflections on it, you can visit my introspective blog.

131 Christians Everyone Should Know by Mark Galli
The Visconti House by Elsbeth Edgar
Are You There God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume
Notes From a Tilt-a-whirl by N.D. Wilson

And that should do it. Happy Reading!
APRIL

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know Wilson had a new series out! I read the 100 Cupboards series and thought it was good. Now I have two more books for my library list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried N. D. Wilson yet, but I think everything I've heard has been positive. Looks like I need to put him on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read a John Green book, though they've been recommended multiple times. I believe TFIOS will be the one that I start with, too.

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Dawn, 5M4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read 131 Christians Everyone Should Know. It sounds like a really interesting book.

    Are You There God? was a great book as a preteen. I wonder what it's like to read it as an adult! I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read The Fault In Our Stars. Can't wait to see what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list. I loved Are You There God....great book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really disappointed in Ballet Shoes. I even read some of the other books in the Shoes series and they weren't that good especially compared to Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails