Monday, September 24, 2012

What Baby and I Are Reading Sept. 2012 {Delightfully Bookwormish}

The following are books I am reading with baby C and enjoy. You can see my exact ratings on Goodreads.

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd-Jones and Jago (Illustrator)


I actually owned this Bible before C was born-before i was even married! I had to get it (no joke) for my Biblical Interpretation class for seminary. I LOVE this children's Bible. Yes, it's interpretative, but it is backed by good theology, in my opinion. The whole concept of this Bible is to show children how all the Old and New Testaments accounts point to Christ and the gospel, with selective Bible stories.

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Felicia Bond (Illustrator)


This was a favorite of mine when I was little, so I of course have to read it to C! I even dressed like the mouse for book day in first grade. The little mouse is adorable and children love to see the surprise of him doing human activities. This is the best of her books, in my opinion. The others are the same concept, but not as delightful as this one.

Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin (Illustrator)


This is a cute story about cows and chickens who stick it to The Man. It's adorable and amusing, but you may have to explain what a typewriter is to your children. :-)

The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats


Peter experiences the magic of the Winter's first snowfall. This book is a good example of when less is more and simple is best. This is C's favorite book to chew on-I think the bright colors mesmerize her.

Delightful Reading,
APRIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails