Sunday, August 12, 2012

Zesty Slow-Cooker Barbeque {Delightful Morsel}

I'm back! I didn't mean to take a mini hiatus, but I was visiting family and I tend to be people-oriented and not task-oriented, so the blog went out the window for the week. With that, so has crafting, which I miss terribly. I am hoping to FINISH something this week. I have been crafting, but not finishing anything-so typical of ENFP me. 

I DO, however, have a yummy recipe to share with you. I really want Fall to be here, but since that will take at least another month or two here in North Carolina, I will console myself with yummy summer-appropriate food, like barbeque-in my slow-cooker.

I love this zesty barbeque-it is so yummy and easy to make for a large crowd. I've made it for 20 people and I've made for two. Even my born and bred NC husband likes it-and North Carolinians are picky about their barbeque (Note: This is NOT equivalent to NC barbeque, which is unique, but it is still yummy!)


Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Hours on High, 7 hours on Low

Ingredients:
(Yields 6 servings, for a group of 20, triple the ingredients)
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  • 1 Bottle of Barbeque sauce (usually about 16 oz) (I am partial to Kraft Original Barbeque)
  • 1/2 Cup Italian Dressing
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
 Directions:
 1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and cover with water. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 6 hours.

2. When chicken is done cooking, remove from water and shred with fork. (Sometimes I do this the day before and stick it in the fridge over night). Dump out water and place chicken back in slow cooker.

3. In a bowl, mix barbeque sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken and cook on low for one hour.

Serve on a bun or by itself! Also, you can skip the shredding part and cook the chicken whole in the sauce and shred it after, but it is super messy.

Goes well with: 
Baked Beans 
(My favorite is Busch's Country Baked Beans with extra brown sugar-it tastes like my mom's homemmade baked beans!)

Delightfully Slow-Cooking,


Taking my barbeque to these parties:

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog 

WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely 

 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Once Upon a Weekend with Family Ever After

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails