Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I Wore Wed 8/15

I am again participating in What I Wore Wednesday with Lindsay from The Pleated Poppy!
I included  mini rant at Charlotte Russe at the bottom. :-) Enjoy!


 This is actually a mix of my favorites from the past couple weeks because I haven't posted WIWW in a few weeks.

Lace Dress with Red:

I am loving the lace trend-loving it. I bought this dress at Target for $20! 

It comes in various colors, but I chose the off-white because it is more classic looking (which is more me) AND I can vary it up with lots of different colors.

I went bold with the first wear and chose red.
Shoes: Shoe Carnival-They are my faves! 
Belt: I think it is from Forever 21, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that
You can't see it very well, but I also have a red headband scarf in my hair and red earrings.

I have grand plans for this dress in the Fall-stay tuned! :-)

Prairie Dress

I used to wear this dress by itself. It's a little short. I was OK with it before, but now I'm not. Maybe my butt got bigger? So, I added the capri leggings to fix that problem.

Cami: Old Navy
Leggings: Target
Shoes: Old Navy
Sad story-the Old Navy shoes you've been seeing all summer BROKE. I stood on my tiptoes to get something off a shelf and the strap broke. That's what I get for buying cheap shoes...I intend on fixing them!

Blue Turquoise Shirt

 Top: Banana Republic Outlet
Skirt, Belt, Shoes: Target

What is my little cupcake wearing??

Overalls: vintage 1980s
Well, yes, she has to wear a helmet-possibly for 6 months. She has a flat spot on the back of her head, so the helmet keeps pressure off while her brain grows naturally and rounds out her head. 

It's really common now, but momfession: I still felt like a mommy failure despite all the rigorous tummy time I forced her through (she hates it). I cried on the way home from the doctor when she got her helmet...and she fell asleep.

Now I am totally good with it. It doesn't phase her and I am thankful that they have helmets which easily correct a problem that could have caused deformity. Also, I am thankful for my pediatrician office who gave us the helmet for free (because they cost $600)! 

Also my husband and I have sick senses of humor and really want to take pictures of her with mini bats and hockey sticks.

I can't believe my sweet baby will be SIX MONTHS old in a week.

 Turtles and daisies from Gymboree, thanks to Mimi.

***

This post is getting long, but can you bear with me a moment while I have a mini rant about Charlotte Russe? I used to love this store. Maybe I am getting too old for their clothes, but every time I walk by the store, the garish glow of neon forces me away. 

A few years ago, CR said they were going to begin targeting their clothes to the working girls and make them less clubby. What happened to that plan?

Do you wear this to work??


How about this?


Oh you do...oh, you're a stripper. My bad...

And this just looks like a bad decision from the early 90s.


And Scene.


6 comments:

  1. Ok, love your red shoes and your leggings look great with that dress. You really look adorable in the all the outfits.

    Your baby is gorgeous and doesn't seem to mind the helmet a bit. I hope everything works itself out quickly and you don't have to worry about the helmet for too long. It's always so hard when something happens to our kids..makes us crazy, doesn't it? I know it does me.

    As for Charlotte Russe...I totally agree!
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. White dress+ Red belt= Perfection! And I love that trendy baby wearing vintage! Way to start her early on being hip and fashionable! Stopping by from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you baby is adorable! Her smile is contagious. :) I bought that same lace dress in the orange. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the lace dress and the red shoes are fab!

    My daughter had a similar condition and had to have surgery to correct her problem.

    I am totally with you on the CR thing. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lace dress from Target paired with the red belt. It looks good together.

    http://kimberly-kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-i-wore-wednesday-motherdaughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lace dress! So pretty and classy. ;) I love Charlotte Russe, but I mainly shop for accessories there. Their clothing is just a little too 'young' for me. ;) I have found a couple of cute pieces on the clearance rack, but for the most part I scan their jewelry and sandals/flats and am out of there. ;) Also, I get weird looks from the rest of the shoppers since I usually have my little boy with me. ;)

    Your daughter is adorable by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails