Monday, July 9, 2012

Folded Ribbon and Pearl Necklace {Delightfully Creative}


I wanted a long navy blue necklace, so I decided to make my own! I was originally going to make one like my other uber-simple ribbon and pearl necklace but then I remembered I saved this fabulous tutorial from Crafty Mama. So, I decided to make a more complicated pearl and ribbon base and add the flower. 


It cost me about $5 to make and only took an hour.

I bought the flower pin on sale at Michael's and the pearls came from Pick Your Plumb.

Here is a close-up of the ribbon and pear detail:


A tip: I would use grosgrain or satin ribbon. I originally used a sheer ribbon and, though I tightly secured the sewing thread, the ribbon could not hold the thread. My necklace broke and pearls went everywhere. I had to re-co it with grosgrain, which worked much better. 

Delightfully Creating,

Taking my necklace to these Parties:
SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible 


WEDNESDAYS
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo

SATURDAYS
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! They look really nice paired together as well. So easy! I have to add this to the loooong list of little projects I want to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails