Monday, July 16, 2012

Bird Chalkboard-Any Paint to Chalkboard Paint! {Delightfully Creative}

Cupcake's nursery is still not decorated. We moved about a month ago, so we never set up an actual nursery until now. And, of course, being a new mom, I don't have all the time in the world to DIY her nursery like I want to. So, I am slowly adding things. When it is complete (hopefully before she turns 1), I will show it in it's entirety. 

I am doing a whimsical bird theme in fuchsia, turquoise,light green, and pale yellow.

I started with an easy project-a little Bird Chalkboard.



I found the wooden bird at Michael's on sale for $1 and grabbed it immediately. I wanted to do some sort of chalkboard and this was perfect for the theme!

Only one problem-Michael's (and every other craft store in my area) stopped selling colored chalkboard paint. Why? At the height of its popularity!

Fortunately, my dear Hobby Lobby had a solution:

Americana Clear Chalkbard Coating*.

It turns any paint into chalkboard paint! You just paint it over the dried paint. I was skeptical, but it works wonderfully!

I don't write well with normal chalk, so I love this product too:

Pentel's wet-erase chalk marker*-
writes like a pen and looks like chalk (and is).
You can find them cheapest here. *

In case you're curious, the fabric I used is from the Tea Garden Collection by Dena. You'll be seeing it a lot. :-) 

Delightfully Creating,

 *All products and stores mentioned are promoted because I've used and love them-I've received no compensation and all opinions are mine.

Taking My Board to These Parties:
Visit thecsiproject.com

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
Make It Monday with Brassy Apple
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely 

 The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Pretty Things Thursday with Johnny In a Dress and Scissors & Spatulas

FRIDAYS
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo

SATURDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing

6 comments:

  1. That chalkboard coating looks super fun - glad to know it actually works too.

    Also, can you 'erase' the chalk pen? I assume since it's named "Wet Erase" that means it erases with water, but just wanted to check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! I love birds so I may just have to go to Michael's and buy one of these. Thanks for the tips on the chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thanks for letting us know about the chalkboard coating. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Carrie
    http://fiveseventeenrepurposing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello April! Visiting from Anything Goes~ Such a great idea~ I did not know this product existed. THX!
    Shawn
    poetryinapotoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love the tip on how to turn any paint into chalkboard paint. Thanks for sharing this on A Crafty Soiree, I've featured it in the newest one up tonight at midnight. C'mon by and check it out when you can!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails