Sunday, July 1, 2012

Young Adult/Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction Reviews

Yes, I have a degree in journalism. Yes, I like to read. But I do not like long drawn-out book reviews. These are short, sweet and to the point-and hopefully helpful!
Oh and I have an affinity for literature written for children ages 9-12, which is probably why I rate my books in cupcakes. Explanation of ratings at bottom of the page! To see my reviews for children's Literature, GO HERE.

* denotes my absolute favorites.
All books are in alphabetical order by Title


Biography/Autobiography/Memoir

 

Christian Life
*Depression: A Stubborn Darkness, Light For the Path by Edward Welch
Entertaining for Eternity by Nan McCullough
*Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
*When I Don't Desire God by John Piper

Fiction
Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by  Robin Sloan

Home/Decor/Hosting
Entertaining For Eternity by Nan McCullough 
  
Other Non-Fiction
Faith of Our Fathers by Chan Kei Thong

 Young Adult Novels (Ages 14* and Up)
(*14 Being the Youngest age group for which these books are appropriate according to research and my personal opinion)  
American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
*Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George
* The Queen's Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner (May not be appropriate for kids under 12)
    The Thief

 5 Cupcakes= LOVED IT!!
 4 Cupcakes=LIKED IT A LOT!
3 Cupcakes= LIKED IT
2 Cupcakes= IT WAS OK
1 CUPCAKE=DIDN'T LIKE IT
Half of a cupcake= IT WAS SO TERRIBLE I COULDN'T EVEN GIVE IT A WHOLE ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails