Monday, June 25, 2012

What Baby and I Are Reading June 2012 {Delightfully Bookwormish}

My baby is now 4 months old. Crazy. I love to read to her and she sits and listens like a champ! Of course she can't sass me or run away yet, but I hope she will always want to read with me.

So, I've decided to post 4-5 books a month that I've read to her and ENJOY, and therefore, recommend. I'll leave the ones I don't like off. You can see my exact ratings on Goodreads
(In case you are wondering how I read so many different books to my baby, well, there is this awesome kingdom called Library and all the books there are FREE! Can you believe that?!)

East Dragon, West Dragon by Robyn Eversole and Scott Campbell (Illustrator)


"West Dragon thought East Dragon was a snob. East Dragon thought West Dragon was a slob... So they kept a world between them just in case."

This is a cute little story about a European-esque dragon who avoids annoying knights and an Asian-esque dragon who is beloved by his emperor. They are both afraid of each other until they must work together. It's a story about international friendship, appreciating differences, and of course, dragons. The illustrations make the book!

LMNO Peas by Keith Baker

Cute little peas go through the ABCs and perform tasks starting with each letter. This is a great book for learning the alphabet and letter sounds and the peas are just too darn cute!

Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen (Illustrator)


Annabelle finds what she thinks is a box of normal, colorful yarn. But as she knits for everyone and every thing in the town, she finds there is always more yarn. Then one day, an evil archduke arrives and plots to steal the yarn for himself.

This a cute and magical story about creativity and kindness-and how a little girl can make a town more colorful. There were parts that made me giggle.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle


The Very Hungry Caterpillar eats his way to a tummy ache and then special things start to happen. We own this one. It is one of my absolute favorite picture books and every baby and child should have this book!

Delightfully Reading to my Babe,

1 comment:

  1. I started reading to Isabel when she was super super tiny and she still loves it! Her favorite for years was, "Time to Say Goodnight" by Sally Lloyd-Jones. I didn't make the connection until later that she was the Jesus Storybook Sally Lloyd Jones!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails